Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why Womyn?

Before we get too far, here, I suppose it is a good idea to explain the term "Womyn."

Let me start by saying that I am not a feminist. I never thought we as women needed to be equal to men. Wouldn't that be restricting ourselves? I kid. Seriously, I always felt that men and women have such different things to offer, that why should we be striving for some kind of unnatural equality when we should be stepping up with our own unique strengths?

I was also a little set off that the word "woman" - why must that be? As though we belong to "man", can't
exist without "man", are nothing besides an offset of a man? Or it can be looked at as WO-man is MORE than man. Still, man is in the mix there. Hey - I'm married. I love my man. I DON'T want to live without him. I just feel there is a more elegant expression of what I am besides a subset of a man. There is now to be Man, Woman, Womyn, Men, Women, Wymyn. Womyn and the plural Wymyn will be recognized as something besides, something other, something in addition to. One that has a different purpose than breeding. One who does not plan to procreate but will be a mouthpiece and soldier for Mother Nature.

This is about when people start to think this is a little too out there. Actually, yes, it is. It is out there. It has to be. We need a paradigm shift. Those aren't meant to be tiny. Those are meant to be OUT THERE. Huge. Complete reset. That calls for radical changes in thinking. Why not start with terms to shake things up?

This is a new word for a new concept for a new definition of a human (and there is that word "man" again right in there!!!) who has a completely different purpose on this planet. Wymyn will need to stand up to speak for our Mother. To speak for the women that cannot speak for themselves. To show women there can be another way. To protect the children that are here now that will inherit this mess. To make sure this place is around for them to enjoy.

Because at the rate we are going now, it won't be enjoyable much longer. Men aren't doing it. Women aren't doing it. oh, sure, individuals here and there are really taking a stand and doing amazing things, but it's going to take more than that. It will take Womyn.

I am Womyn. Please come forward if you are one, too. We need each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment